Saturday, November 21, 2009

Mom's Got It

Well, Mom's got breast cancer too. I can't believe it. She caught hers on a routine mammogram and it was caught in it's early stages. She's got the same kind as me-invasive ductile carcinoma, but her tumor is different. It's called triple negative which means it's got nothing to do with estrogen like mine does. She had a lumpectomy and is in the middle of her treatments- 6 rounds of Cytoxin and Taxol every 3 wks., then radiation for a period of time. She's using all of my drs. at St. Vincent's, and they've been so good to her. She feels the same about the chemo nurses--they're awesome and they love us special. Mama is a trooper and has not complained one time. She's bald...but she doesn't care! This is one of her wigs, and I think it's cute! Go Chemo- kick Mama's cancer out! (Suzie, can't remember that cheer you made up-you've got to remind me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment